Academic degrees and professional status:
Graduated in Economics and Management Science at University of Barcelona, in 1984. In 1987 he obtains his Ph. D. in Economics and Management Science, with the thesis entitled “A regional econometric model for Catalonia”. Nowadays, and since 1993, he is Full Professor of Econometrics at the University of Barcelona.
–2017: Director of the Department of Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economy at the University of Barcelona
–2012: President of the Spanish Regional Science Association (AECR)
–2005 – 2017: Director of the Regional Institute of Applied Economics (IREA-UB)
-2008 – 2012: President of the Catalan Regional Science Association (ACCR)
-2001 – 2009: Member of the Governing bodies at University of Barcelona
-2002 – 2005: Vice-Rector of Research of the University of Barcelona
-2002 – 2005: President of the Research Committee of the University of Barcelona
Main Research Projects:
• Perception and Evaluation of Regional and Cohesion policies by Europeans and Identification with the Values of Europe (PERCEIVE), European Union. Horizon 2020, 2016/2019.
• Sharing KnowledgE Assets: InteRegionally Cohesive NeigHborhoods (SEARCH). EU 7th Framework Programme. Socio-economic Sciences and the Humanities, 2010-2.2.1 (266834)
• Wage Dispersion in the EU. European Parlament IP/A/ECON/2010-109 Lot 1 and 5 by DG Internal Policies of the Union, 2013-2014.
• Spatial analysis of the labour market for young: Human capital, activation policies and entrepreneurship, Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad. Reference: ECO2013-41022-R, 2013.
• Knowledge Innovation and Technology (KIT). European Commission ESPON. 2013/1/13.
• The European Dimension in the Nation-al Reforms Programmes and the Stability Or Convergence Programmes-2013. European Parlament. IP/A/ECON/FWC/2010-109/Lot1/C1.
• Determinants of Innovation Diffusion and their effect on productivity. Ministry of Education and Science. ECO2009-12678/ECON, 2010-2012
• Intangible Assets and Regional Economic Growth (IAREG), EU 7th Framework Programme. Socio-economic Sciences and the Humanities, 2008-2010.
• Additional services to the study “Diffussion of innovation in the intrenal Market” Call for Tenders ECFIN/B/2009/019-NEG (2009-2010)
• Study on the Diffusion of Innovation in the Internal Market. Economic and Financial Affairs. European Commision (2007 -2008) ECFIN/E/2007/020.
• Small and Medium enterprises, economic development and regional convergence in Europe. (2000-2003) A17 TC SOCIAL SCIENCES.
• Estimacions European Forecasting Network. (2009-2010)